London Has Fallen is a 2016 movie with rating of Rating: 5.9/10 – 127,775 votes. It is an American action thriller film directed by Babak Najafi and written by Creighton Rothenberger, Katrin Benedikt, Chad St. John and Christian Gudegast.
London Has Fallen Plot
G8 intelligence services track down Pakistani arms dealer and terrorist mastermind Aamir Barkawi (Alon Moni Aboutboul) and authorize an American drone strike on his compound, apparently killing Barkawi and his family.
Two years later, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom James Wilson dies suddenly, and world leaders prepare to attend his funeral in London. Director of the United States Secret Service Lynne Jacobs (Angela Bassett) assigns agent Mike Banning (Gerard Butler) to lead U.S. President Benjamin Asher’s (Aaron Eckhart) overseas security detail, even though Banning’s wife Leah (Radha Mitchell) is due to give birth in a few weeks. The entourage arrives via Air Force One at Stansted Airport, and Banning arranges an earlier arrival at Somerset House in London via Marine One.
As Asher’s Presidential State Car arrives at St Paul’s Cathedral, coordinated attacks by terrorists disguised as Metropolitan Police, the Queen’s Guardsmen, and other first responders kill five Western leaders, damaging major landmarks and generating mass panic. Asher’s early arrival throws off the St. Paul’s attack, and Banning returns Asher and Jacobs to Marine One.
The terrorists destroy the helicopter’s escorts with Stinger missiles, forcing the damaged helicopter to crash-land in Hyde Park. Fatally injured, Jacobs makes Banning promise to stay alive for his unborn child, and to punish those responsible for the attack. Banning escorts Asher into the London Underground as the city’s power is lost and residents shelter indoors.
In Washington, D.C., U.S. Vice President Allan Trumbull (Morgan Freeman) investigates the incident with British authorities while trying to track down the President. Trumbull receives a call from Barkawi, still alive and operating out of Yemen. Barkawi takes responsibility for the attacks coordinated by his son Kamran (Waleed Zuaiter), seeking revenge for the drone strike that killed his family, especially his daughter who was to be married that day.
Having poisoned Wilson to lure Western leaders to London, Barkawi knows Asher is still alive, and promises that if Kamran captures him, he will broadcast Asher’s execution online. Trumbull orders his staff to locate Barkawi’s known operatives and find any connection to the attack, while British authorities stands down all first responders so any left in the open can be identified as terrorists.
After leaving a sign to be picked up by satellite, Banning leads Asher to an MI6 safe-house, where Jacquelin “Jax” Marshall (Charlotte Riley) briefs them. Marshall receives a voice message from Trumbull that they saw Banning’s sign and an extraction team is en route. Security monitors show an approaching Delta Force team, but Banning suspects they have arrived too soon and may be terrorists working for Barkawi and Kamran.
Banning’s suspicions are confirmed as he fights off the terrorists and drives away with Asher, but their car is struck by the terrorists before they can reach the US Embassy, and Asher is taken. Banning is rescued by the combined Delta Force and SAS extraction team, who suspect there is a mole in the British government.
Trumbull’s staff identify a building owned by Barkawi, drawing massive power despite being unoccupied, and suspect it is Kamran’s headquarters. Banning joins the extraction team to infiltrate the building, arriving seconds before Kamran can decapitate Asher. Kamran escapes when one of his men drops a grenade, forcing Banning to protect Asher from the blast.
Banning and Asher escape just before the building is destroyed by the Delta Force/SAS squad, killing Kamran and the remaining terrorists. Marshall and British authorities restore London’s security system and, discovering that MI5 Intelligence Chief John Lancaster (Patrick Kennedy) aided Barkawi’s attack, she kills him when he goes for his own gun. Trumbull tells Barkawi that his plan failed, moments before the building is destroyed by another drone strike, killing Barkawi and his guards.
Two weeks later, Banning is home spending time with Leah and their newborn child Lynne, named after Jacobs. As Banning contemplates sending a letter of resignation, he watches Trumbull speak on television regarding the recent events, with a message that the U.S. will prevail. Inspired, Banning deletes the letter.
London Has Fallen Cast
- Gerard Butler as Secret Service Agent Mike Banning
- Aaron Eckhart as US President Benjamin Asher
- Morgan Freeman as US Vice President Allan Trumbull
- Alon Aboutboul as Aamir Barkawi, an arms dealer and terrorist mastermind who is No. 6 on the FBI’s 10 Most Wanted list.
- Angela Bassett as Secret Service Director Lynne Jacobs
- Robert Forster as US Army General Edward Clegg, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
- Jackie Earle Haley as White House Deputy Chief of Staff DC Mason
- Melissa Leo as Secretary of Defense Ruth McMillan
- Radha Mitchell as Leah Banning, Mike’s wife.
- Sean O’Bryan as NSA Deputy Director Ray Monroe
- Charlotte Riley as MI6 Agent Jacquelin “Jax” Marshall
- Waleed Zuaiter as Kamran Barkawi, Aamir’s son and sub-commander
- Colin Salmon as Commissioner Sir Kevin Hazard, head of the Metropolitan Police
- Bryan Larkin as SAS Captain Will Davies
- Patrick Kennedy as MI5 Counter-Intelligence Chief John Lancaster
- Mehdi Dehbi as Sultan Mansoor, the terrorist hacker
- Adel Bencherif as Raza Mansoor, Sultan’s brother and a terrorist
- Michael Wildman as Secret Service Agent Voight
- Andrew Pleavin as Secret Service Agent Bronson
- Deborah Grant as Doris, Leah’s mother
- Clarkson Guy Williams as British Prime Minister Leighton Clarkson
- Penny Downie as Home Secretary Rose Kenter
- Philip Delancy as French President Jacques Mainard
- Alex Giannini as Italian Prime Minister Antonio Gusto. It was Giannini’s last movie role before his death in October 2, 2015.
- Elsa Mollien as Mrs Viviana Gusto
- Nancy Baldwin as German Chancellor Agnes Bruckner
- Nigel Whitmey as Canadian Prime Minister Robert Bowman
- Julia Montgomery Brown as Mrs Bowman
- Tsuwayuki Saotome as Japanese Prime Minister Tsutomu Nakushima
- Lawrence O’Donnell as himself
Watch London Has Fallen Trailer
Download London Has Fallen 1
Download London Has Fallen 2